PRINT ADVERTISEMENT REQUIREMENTS
The only print advertisement file format supported by Modern Counsel is a press ready .pdf designed in a vector-based program and preferably exported as PDF/X-1a:2001. We cannot accept any native application files such as InDesign (.indd) or Illustrator (.ai). Do not use pantone colors. Bleed ads should include crop marks.
If your print advertisement requires a critical color match, we request a publication grade stock proof (i.e. Kodak Approval, CREO Spectrum, etc.) be mailed in addition to the press ready .pdf submission. Materials should comply with SWOP standards.
All file submissions, questions regarding materials and extensions, and related matters should be directed to your Client Services contact. Miscellaneous inquires may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SENDING FILES VIA FTP
Print and/or digital submissions may be emailed to your Client Services contact or uploaded to our File Station. To access, visit the site below using the case sensitive login information. Once logged in, click on the folder labeled File Station. In the white space, drag and drop a folder labeled with your company name that includes the file(s) within. Once uploaded, please email your Client Services contact that the files have been submitted.
File Station: https://guerreromedia.us5.quickconnect.to/
ADVERTISEMENT DESIGN TIPS
Below are four examples of effective print ads. Here’s what you can do to make sure that yours, too, gets the attention it deserves from readers:
• Keep your message short. Less text is more! Write short, compelling copy with a clear call to action.
• Use logos in a vector format (.eps .ai ). This will ensure logos print crisp and clean.
• Stick to a simple color palette. One or two spot colors command more attention than the entire spectrum.
• Use high-quality photography. If you choose to use imagery, make sure it is at least 300 dpi. But remember:
• Images are NOT required for an effective ad. Less photography is more, too! A single photo is more impactful than several.